Thursday Doors June 29: Boho Trastevere

When in Rome – wind your way on whichever path you happen to be, to the Trastevere neighborhood. Our new friends Manja and Marco hit it spot on in sharing this crunchy, eclectic, and always on neighborhood with us – with plenty of history, food, friendship – and oh yes – many delightful doors mixed in!

Even before traveling to Italy and meeting Manja in person, I pretty much knew we were kindred spirits in our love for photography. Who knew we’d go gaga over shooting doors together?

Manja’s lovely photographic art can be found here,Β The Mexi Movie.

DSC_2874
Pink offsetting a typical look to Trastevere. Grungy version of ‘Girl with a Pearl Earring’ hanging out in the basket.
DSC_2885
You could almost swing from the vine in the doorway!
DSC_2887
Always ducking under fragrant jasmine.
FullSizeRender (4)
I like the green reveal under the mottled beige/brown.
DSC_2893
Does this mean someone’s home?
FullSizeRender (5)
All sorts of goings on here.
Gizmo
I gather Gizmo gets mail.
IMG_2196
Bussi Chapel, Basilica di Santa Maria
FullSizeRender (7)
Spooky corner door, Basilica di Santa Maria
IMG_2207
Ghost door?
FullSizeRender
The door and window pair well in their discord.
FullSizeRender (9)
Door within a door.
FullSizeRender (6)
A bit fancy, and atypical, for the doors in my Trastevere travels.
FullSizeRender (14)
Broken tread.

ForΒ Norm Frampton’s Thursday Doors challenge

20 Comments Add yours

1. Oh yes, I loved this experiment, we must do it more often, just name the place. πŸ˜‰ You have so many I didn’t even notice. That’s why Italy is so great – it offers you so many sights and you can visit the same spot over and over and always see something new. My favourites are the featured scene (it screams Trastevere!), the ghost door (exactly!), the door within the door, and the gorgeous fancy atypical door. But I love them all, and how we captured the same ones. Thank you for the shout out and I hope you continue posting doors on Thursdays!

Liked by 2 people

1. Thanks Manja! What a blast to 1) have spent the day together scouring Trastevere for photo opps (doors, windows, churches, gelato – heh) and 2) that you introduced me to the Thursday doors group and 3) seeing the overlap and delta of our combined photos from that day! So wonderful πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

1. Overlap and delta, that’s what it is. πŸ™‚ You are very welcome on all counts. Wishing you much future fun.

2. joey says:

Door within a door is so industrial, and then, a shiny awning — great contrast.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! And what’s interesting, I’ll admit I didn’t notice the door within a door until after I got home and sifted thru my photos πŸ™‚

1. joey says:

I love when stuff like that happens πŸ™‚

3. msgt3227 says:

I find it so totally groovy (was gonna say awesome, but that is so yesterday…) that 1) you and Manja met up for a joint Doorscursion, and 2) your selection of doors are so different fro each other! Great doors!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! Happy to be a new part of a larger collective of door loving photographers! πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

4. Welcome to Thursday Doors and what a great batch of doors you shared! What fun to meet up for a doorscurcion, but it’s so difficult to get anyway when we’re always stopping for photos. πŸ™‚

janet

Liked by 2 people

1. I’ve discovered that doorscurcions are a must in life πŸ™‚

Liked by 3 people

5. Welcome to the Thursday Doors community! What a great collection of doors. The rich colors and textures of the Italian doors are fabulous. My favorite is the first photo with the pink bicycle. Cheers!
    Donna

1. Thanks Donna – I think it’s my fav too πŸ™‚

6. Norm 2.0 says:

Welcome to Thursday Doors! Sounds like you ladies had a wonderful time, but then again with such beautiful scenery and even better hosts, I would have expected nothing less. It all makes me want to get back to Italy again, hopefully soon πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you Norm! And thank you for hosting Thursday Doors (and Manja for introducing it to me!). Si, si – return to Italy as soon as you can! πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

7. Beautiful photographs. I love how ‘The Girl with the Pearl Earring’ looks as if her head is in the basket, I wonder did the owner of the bicycle do that on purpose.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks! I wondered that too Jean! Either way, it’s a fun add to the photo as a whole πŸ™‚

8. dweezer19 says:

Wonderful doors. They look like they have stories to tell….

9. Helen Bushe says:

So glad I’ve visited your blog. I love your style of photography and your subject matter. Will explore more tomorrow. 😊

1. Thanks so much Helen! Glad you have enjoyed it thus far πŸ™‚