Thursday Doors, July 6: A tale of two Italian towns

My last two hill towns of Italy left me with a sense that surely nothing could surpass them (though, my friend Manja tells me that’s just not so – I’ll have to believe her, for now 🙂 … )

Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio, the last of my Italy destinations, dished out a lovely assortment of doors (and more).

For Norm Frampton’s Thursday Doors challenge

17 Comments Add yours

1. Beautiful shots of wonderful doors, but I think that first shot might be my favorite. 🙂

janet

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you Janet – it really was a fairy tale place to be!

2. joey says:

Lovely — “Orvieto, the Duomo reflection” is sublime!

Liked by 2 people

1. Thanks Joey! My friend Manja has a thursday doors post JUST for the duomo, here: https://manjameximovie.wordpress.com/2017/06/15/thursday-doors-june-15-2017/ She’s good at reminding me to utilize reflections!

Liked by 1 person

3. So good to see Bestia on another blog! He surely goes around! 😉 Lovely glimpses from our second day together. And I do promise – there are even more spectacular scenes to be had. Pitigliano comes to mind… I’m sure you’ll be back and you’ll see for yourself. Many great images but the cat I love so much. ❤

Liked by 2 people

4. Thanks Manja! Italy will never be the same after I come back and we take on the small towns together. Heh. Yes, I love the cat! I have another just as charming from our day in bagnoregio, but no door. Will save for another post!

Liked by 2 people

5. Jackie says:

Great post! I so need to go back to Italy and to…and to…So many places!

Liked by 2 people

6. Norm 2.0 says:

So many gorgeous shots in this collection it’s hard to pick a favorite. That shot looking out onto the footbridge is wonderful. This is an area I’d love to check out for myself, but not in 90 degree heat 😀
    Great post.

Liked by 2 people

1. Thanks Norm! It was indeed VERY hot. But as you can imagine, we forged ahead; the beauty of it really helped soothe the heat! And yes, very much worth a visit. Or two 🙂

Liked by 1 person

7. taphian says:

very beautiful gallery, I love old doors

Liked by 2 people

8. jesh stg says:

Love the details of the half door you’re showing. This makes me want to go back to Italy, sigh:)

Liked by 1 person

1. I’ve come to the conclusion that anyone who’s been to Italy before always yearns to go back, and, they always ends that sentiment with a “sigh”.

9. J Walters says:

Swoon. Seriously. Especially Chiesa di San Donato, one of the most gorgeous door (double door?) shots I’ve seen. Magnifico.

Liked by 1 person

10. Great collection of doors. Ah, the life of the sleepy cat living in such a grand place.
    Donna